Here's a great resource for homeowners put out by the National Roofing Contractors Association. There's a lot of great advice for homeowners so we wanted to be sure to highlight it below:
Roof system components
All steep-slope roof systems (i.e., roofs with slopes of 25 percent or more) have five basic components:
- Roof covering: shingles, tile, slate or metal and underlayment that protect the sheathing from weather.
- Sheathing: boards or sheet material that are fastened to roof rafters to cover a house or building.
- Roof structure: rafters and trusses constructed to support the sheathing.
- Flashing: sheet metal or other material installed into a roof system's various joints and valleys to prevent water seepage.
- Drainage: a roof system's design features, such as shape, slope and layout that affect its ability to shed water.
Choosing a roof system
There are a number of things to consider when selecting a new roof system. Of course, cost and durability head the list, but aesthetics and architectural style are important, too. The right roof system for your home or building is one that balances these five considerations. The following roofing products commonly are used for steep-slope structures. Read More...
It is so disappointing to us to read articles such as this recent one about an 89 year old gentleman being scammed by a father and son who never actually did the roofing work as contracted: Authorities Arrest a Father and Son in Roof Scam
According to the authorities, Robbie Wharton Jr., 65 and his son, Robbie Wharton III, 34, are being accused of contractor fraud and theft over $500. They ripped off $4800 from an elderly man for a roof repair job that never got done. Read More...
On January 16, 2007, the Seattle Post-Intelligencer had a great article
about dealing with insurance adjusters in the wake of last December's worst storm since 1993. It has been unfortunate how many insurance companies have been low-balling their customers. Raynproof Roofing will work together with their customers to help make the insurance claim process as smooth as possible, but be assured it will involve a lot of communication between all three parties to get a favorable result.